Monday, March 17, 2008

Whatever happened to the Peggy Mitchell show?

I wanted to be on the Peggy Mitchell show. You know you need to get outside more often when you're watching "Jack's Big Music Show" with your family and saying, "We never had all this...all we had was Peggy Mitchell and that gay King Friday!" but you know I got to thinking...Peggy Mitchell was the sh*t when I was little. I wanted to be on the Peggy Mitchell show and/or Carol Burnett show. Ok, fine. The Muppets too, because I really believed you could GO SEE the Muppets and sit in the audience. Shutup. I miss childhood innocence.
I got upset watching "Extreme Home Makeover" last night because there was this preacher who lived in a trailer and converted his garage into a "recreation center" for the local kids to come and hang out and stay out of trouble. This man to be is the bomb because trust me, you have NO idea the impact you have on children. I have a list of 4 names...4 mothers of friends of mine at different stages of my life that were actually well, motherly to me. It made me break down and cry last night watching this preacher dude. He said "You don't need a million dollars in the bank and a huge mansion to care for a child. All you need is a heart and to tell them that they ARE somebody." I can't wait for the day when I don't think about how worthless I felt growing up. I can't wait until that is all gone. I'm working on that.
I don't know if getting all of it down on paper (as in a journal or well, this blog) would help me, or maybe hypnotism? I'd be too embarrassed to get hypnotized. I'd probably ramble too long about my Wierd Al fantasies.
Me: *waking up from hypnotism* "So, how'd it go?"
Doc: "Something about vaseline and Pat Benetar. Get out of my office."
Anyhoo...something that seems so easy is the most difficult thing I've ever dealt with...HAPPINESS. I have rid myself of hurtful people, our bills are paid, I have a wonderful patient husband and 2 great kids......and am still struggling emotionally. Inner demons suck ass!!! Hehe. Sorry.
This is the hardest thing to say.....because I just don't 'believe' like some people, but is life easier with Faith? Why would you want to give your problems to someone else?

4 comments:

tat2girl said...

Hey..I understand how you feel about your fellings from the past controling your life now. It took me a long time to get through what my mom put me through when I was growing up. But it just happened one day..like a light bulb went off in my head. I remember where I was when it happened also. I decided that day that only I could control my life and my happiness. She (my mother) was no longer around to make me miserable anymore. I feel your day will come and it will happen for you. You have already started healing yourself you just don't see it yet..but I do!!
Love ya girl!! Oh yea we so need to do lunch again some time soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, i wound up here because I googled King Friday (Don't ask, it's a long, silly story) Anyway, here is a link to a blog I follow...scroll down a bit, there is a recent post about "baggage". Check it out if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=48702156882&ref=nf
Just started this on Facebook. Hoping to gather more information on her present day whereabouts and maybe post an old show!

Anonymous said...

It's called The Peggy Mitchell Show Fan Club on Facebook. That didn't show up in the link, sorry!