Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cold weather is for the birds. Well, not really, I guess.


Hello all you happy people! (Droopy forever!)

Speaking of Droopy, I need to get online and see if there are any DVDs featuring him. I grew up watching Tom and Jerry and Droopy with my Dad....if it wasn't for my Dad I don't think I would be as warped as I am. (How many 5th graders go to school quoting "Naked Gun" and/or "Airplane?") I hope they sell them still - Austin would love it. He's the only 2 year old I know with comedic timing.

WHY is it such a major feat when both kids take a nap at the same time? I always feel like I'm the shiznit when this happens. Of course, all I do is grab a diet pepsi and ramble for your amusement on here, but still. If I could get a hard-on, I'd totally have one right now.
I'm the type of person who is consumed by their kids. There are people who continue their lives as normal, with their kids just tagging along, then there are those like me, whose lives are now consumed with Sesame Street, Diapers, and fruit snacks. (Diapers is really the only thing that is added....I never let sesame street go, and fruit snacks...especially the spongebob ones...are good!)
I'll never forget being at a meeting at a radio station where I used to work (WBIO/97X/WLME for those that care) and I had a small thing of bug juice. Dave and Mike (co-workers who never ceased to give me sh*t) were like,"Yeah, our kids drink that. They're 5." SHUTUP! Bug juice rules. As does Kool-Aid koolers, even though I can never get those friggin' things open, and when you do, it all ends up in your lap. Who's the rocket scientist who thought that up? "Make 'em twist open....but put it in a cheap plastic bottle so all the liquid spews out....they'll sell like hotcakes!!") I still drink those. Dan's granny still buys them "for the kids." Whose kids I have no idea, but sucks to be them, because I've been drinking them all.

I am getting really sick of this cold weather. I walked a short distance from my car to work last night, and by the time I got inside, I looked like Beetlejuice. It was so windy and cold....it took your breath away. (What?)
Julie was like, "Oh my gosh, you actually have a jacket on!" to which I replied, "Piss off" but then it was so cold my teeth were chattering, and she thought I said, "Hasselhoff" which led us to talking about Knight Rider and how I'd love for my Scion to talk to me, which in my world, it does anyway, except I have no voice activated light bar, but I do have a flashlight keychain, but sometimes it doesn't click as fast as I want it to, either that, or passers-by think I'm summoning help and always end up knocking on the window making me forget where I was. What else do I have to do while waiting for the car to warm up? Geezus.

Funyuns are really good, but are they equipped with shards of onions or something? Am I the only one whose mouth feels like it's went through a shredder after eating these? They're the best food to eat in a movie theater. It's worse than the people that take 20 minutes to open a plastic bag.....these mothers CRUNCH like crazy. The fun factor is upped simply because you're in a movie theater and everyone (mostly) is dead quiet. Don't ever go to the movies with me.

Speaking of movies, I want to see JUNO really bad. It looks like a simple, cute, funny love story. I love those. They make you leave the movie theater hating your husband because he never does anything romantic anymore, and you spend the rest of the night fighting/crying and playing "What might have been" by Little Texas in your head. Maybe it's just me, but sappy movies always make me like that. Don't even make me talk about Sleepless in Seattle.

I think we have a live animal living under our house. It's two degrees outside, and it seems like everytime the furnace kicks on, a few minutes later something sounds like it's running into the side of a filing cabinet. (No, I dont have a filing cabinet under my house. I'm just telling you what it sounds like. Stay with me.) Dan is like, "It's probably a cat running into the duct work...no big deal." WHAT? What if it's a rabid raccoon? What if it chews a hole through the duct, crawls up the vent, and chews my face off while I'm asleep? This is the world I live in, people. Don't say, "It's probably blah blah blah..." because you have then planted a seed that will not die. I'm one of those kids who read a story as a child about an alligator living in the sewer, and TO THIS DAY when I take a bath, I wince just a little when I look at the drain. I never liked nature shows as a kid. Except when they showed lions doing it. Now that's funny.

Well, I must go. My husband will be home in about a 1/2 hour. Plenty of time to go get all of his underwear and stick them in the freezer again.

Mel






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funyuns ROCK!!! Oh I have heard all about the freezer incident..I have got to so try that on Dave sometime...oh wait he has to wear underware to do that...LOL...hmmmm...sunday mornings I can get him...cold balls for Church..LOL

Mel said...

Dave freeballs....THAAANKKKSSS for the info. *shudder*

Themikester said...

So YOU were behind me at the movies. You funyun munchin' degenerate.

tennilledpb said...

I swear girl, we have to share dna somewhere along the line because not only did I understand every single word of this, but it is identical to random ADD-style shit that runs through my head at any given second of every day. The whole thing about your life changing after kids, I'm right there with ya. Kids just make it so that you have an excuse to keep acting the same as you always did. Why grow up when you can have kids and just keep being immature and having fun? Rock on girl! See ya!